Kobe Bryant scores 60 points in final game, walks off victorious for Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was incredible during the last NBA game of his career in Wednesday's 101-96 win over the Utah Jazz, scoring 60 points (22-of-50 field goals, 10-of-12 free throws) with four boards, four assists, one steal, one block and six 3-pointers.
You couldn't write a better ending to the Black Mamba's career. This was the most points scored by an NBA player this season, beating out Anthony Davis (59) and DeMarcus Cousins, and this was also Bryant's sixth 60-point game of his career. He finished in third place on the all-time scoring list with 33,643 points, trailing only Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). Bryant will go down as one of the greatest competitors in all of sports and an all-time great in the NBA.
Bryant's struggles this year have been well documented, and they are evidenced by his -10.1 nERD, which ends the regular season as the second-worst mark in the league. Kobe finishes his career as an 18-time All Star and two-time Finals MVP.
- Marc Gasol (rest) will return for Grizzlies on Monday February 24th, 2018
- Kosta Koufos not on Kings' injury report against Lakers February 24th, 2018
- Garrett Temple returns to Kings' bench versus Lakers February 24th, 2018
- De'Aaron Fox (pink eye) in Kings' starting lineup on Saturday February 24th, 2018
- Jimmy Butler could reportedly return for Timberwolves in 4-6 weeks February 24th, 2018
- Timberwolves' Nemanja Bjelica starting for Jimmy Butler (knee) February 24th, 2018
- Lonzo Ball (knee) sitting for Lakers on Saturday in second half of back-to-back February 24th, 2018
- Lonzo Ball (knee) cleared to return for Lakers on Friday, will be on minutes limit February 23rd, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) expects to return Friday against Mavericks February 22nd, 2018
- Lakers' Channing Frye undergoes appendectomy February 17th, 2018
- Corey Brewer scores 6 in 13 minutes off Lakers' bench February 16th, 2018
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope totals 17 points, 11 rebounds in Lakers' loss February 16th, 2018