Kobe Bryant scores 60 points in final game, walks off victorious for Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was incredible during the last NBA game of his career in Wednesday's 101-96 win over the Utah Jazz, scoring 60 points (22-of-50 field goals, 10-of-12 free throws) with four boards, four assists, one steal, one block and six 3-pointers.
You couldn't write a better ending to the Black Mamba's career. This was the most points scored by an NBA player this season, beating out Anthony Davis (59) and DeMarcus Cousins, and this was also Bryant's sixth 60-point game of his career. He finished in third place on the all-time scoring list with 33,643 points, trailing only Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). Bryant will go down as one of the greatest competitors in all of sports and an all-time great in the NBA.
Bryant's struggles this year have been well documented, and they are evidenced by his -10.1 nERD, which ends the regular season as the second-worst mark in the league. Kobe finishes his career as an 18-time All Star and two-time Finals MVP.
- Kawhi Leonard (hip) still questionable for Raptors versus Trail Blazers December 14th, 2018
- Knicks' Damyean Dotson (shoulder) will not play Friday December 14th, 2018
- Dwyane Wade (illness) questionable for Heat on Friday December 14th, 2018
- Zach LaVine injures ankle late, expects to play for Bulls on Saturday December 14th, 2018
- T.J. Warren scores season-high 30, Suns snap losing streak December 14th, 2018
- Jerian Grant matches season-high with 3 steals as Magic beat Bulls December 14th, 2018
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) ruled out again for Lakers Saturday December 14th, 2018
- Kyle Kuzma scores 24 points with full line in Lakers' loss December 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo will see hand specialist on Thursday December 12th, 2018
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (hand) expected to miss at least two more games December 10th, 2018
- Lakers' Brandon Ingram (ankle) to miss at least one week December 8th, 2018
- Lakers' Josh Hart starting in place of Brandon Ingram (ankle) on Friday December 7th, 2018