Kobe Bryant scores 60 points in final game, walks off victorious for Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was incredible during the last NBA game of his career in Wednesday's 101-96 win over the Utah Jazz, scoring 60 points (22-of-50 field goals, 10-of-12 free throws) with four boards, four assists, one steal, one block and six 3-pointers.
You couldn't write a better ending to the Black Mamba's career. This was the most points scored by an NBA player this season, beating out Anthony Davis (59) and DeMarcus Cousins, and this was also Bryant's sixth 60-point game of his career. He finished in third place on the all-time scoring list with 33,643 points, trailing only Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). Bryant will go down as one of the greatest competitors in all of sports and an all-time great in the NBA.
Bryant's struggles this year have been well documented, and they are evidenced by his -10.1 nERD, which ends the regular season as the second-worst mark in the league. Kobe finishes his career as an 18-time All Star and two-time Finals MVP.
- Russell Westbrook scores 30 as Thunder fall to Hornets December 11th, 2017
- Pelicans' Rajon Rondo racks up his first triple-double of the season on Monday December 11th, 2017
- James Harden dishes out 17 dimes in Rockets' Monday night win December 11th, 2017
- Jrue Holiday drops season-high 37 points in Pelicans' loss December 11th, 2017
- Javale McGee will come off the bench for Warriors on Monday December 11th, 2017
- Warriors' Jordan Bell will start on Monday night December 11th, 2017
- Julius Randle scores 16 points in 30 minutes off Lakers' bench in victory December 8th, 2017
- Kyle Kuzma held to 3 points in 19 minutes as Lakers defeat 76ers December 8th, 2017
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope racks up 3 steals in Lakers' win December 8th, 2017
- Lakers' Jordan Clarkson scores 16 points in 14 minutes Thursday night December 8th, 2017
- Lakers' Brandon Ingram nails game winning three on Thursday night December 7th, 2017
- Lonzo Ball fills the stat sheet in Lakers' win on Thursday December 7th, 2017