Kobe Bryant scores 60 points in final game, walks off victorious for Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was incredible during the last NBA game of his career in Wednesday's 101-96 win over the Utah Jazz, scoring 60 points (22-of-50 field goals, 10-of-12 free throws) with four boards, four assists, one steal, one block and six 3-pointers.
You couldn't write a better ending to the Black Mamba's career. This was the most points scored by an NBA player this season, beating out Anthony Davis (59) and DeMarcus Cousins, and this was also Bryant's sixth 60-point game of his career. He finished in third place on the all-time scoring list with 33,643 points, trailing only Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). Bryant will go down as one of the greatest competitors in all of sports and an all-time great in the NBA.
Bryant's struggles this year have been well documented, and they are evidenced by his -10.1 nERD, which ends the regular season as the second-worst mark in the league. Kobe finishes his career as an 18-time All Star and two-time Finals MVP.
- Pelicans' DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) progressing to pool work in rehab June 18th, 2018
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly requests to be traded from San Antonio June 15th, 2018
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried could be heading to the Hawks June 14th, 2018
- Raptors not expected to trade Jonas Valanciunas June 14th, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Raptors promoting assistant Nick Nurse as new head coach June 12th, 2018
- Dwane Casey reportedly named Pistons' next head coach June 11th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball says he's 100 percent healthy June 12th, 2018
- Kyle Kuzma (ankle) expected to miss the Lakers' final two games April 10th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball (knee) to sit out Tuesday and Wednesday April 10th, 2018
- Lakers' Brandon Ingram (concussion) out on Tuesday, doubtful for Wednesday April 10th, 2018
- Tyler Ennis catches fire with career-high 22 points Sunday in Los Angeles April 9th, 2018
- Josh Hart gets hot with 25 points in start for Lakers on Sunday April 9th, 2018