Kobe Bryant scores 60 points in final game, walks off victorious for Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was incredible during the last NBA game of his career in Wednesday's 101-96 win over the Utah Jazz, scoring 60 points (22-of-50 field goals, 10-of-12 free throws) with four boards, four assists, one steal, one block and six 3-pointers.
You couldn't write a better ending to the Black Mamba's career. This was the most points scored by an NBA player this season, beating out Anthony Davis (59) and DeMarcus Cousins, and this was also Bryant's sixth 60-point game of his career. He finished in third place on the all-time scoring list with 33,643 points, trailing only Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). Bryant will go down as one of the greatest competitors in all of sports and an all-time great in the NBA.
Bryant's struggles this year have been well documented, and they are evidenced by his -10.1 nERD, which ends the regular season as the second-worst mark in the league. Kobe finishes his career as an 18-time All Star and two-time Finals MVP.
- Knicks won't rule out sitting Kristaps Porzingis (knee) the entire season September 17th, 2018
- Luol Deng agrees to one-year, $2.4 million contract with Timberwolves September 10th, 2018
- Suns' Devin Booker has hand surgery, will miss six weeks September 10th, 2018
- Tyrone Wallace agrees to offer sheet with Pelicans September 3rd, 2018
- Marquese Chriss reportedly moved from Suns to Rockets August 31st, 2018
- De'Anthony Melton joins Suns' backcourt in reported trade with Houston August 31st, 2018
- Lakers and Luol Deng agree to buyout September 1st, 2018
- Michael Beasley agrees to a one-year deal with the Lakers July 20th, 2018
- Channing Frye agrees to one-year deal with Cleveland July 14th, 2018
- Lakers' Lonzo Ball to have arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday July 13th, 2018
- Lakers ink Rajon Rondo to one-year deal July 2nd, 2018
- JaVale McGee signs with Lakers on one-year deal July 2nd, 2018