Celtics' Robert Williams (illness) expected to play Wednesday
Boston Celtics center Robert Williams (illness) is expected to play on Wednesday against the Utah Jazz, per head coach Ime Udoka.
Williams has missed six of the Celtics' last seven games due to a non-COVID illness and a left knee issue. Grant Williams will likely shift back to the second unit after filling in for Robert. Al Horford may see a slight downtick in minutes if Robert is back, but he's actually been more active and productive this season when both big men are available.
Horford is registering a 21.0% usage rate and averaging 35.5 FanDuel points in games that Time Lord is active this season, compared to a 16.1% usage rate and 30.6 FanDuel points per game when Robert is inactive. Grant, on the other hand, is only averaging 18.5 minutes per game when both Williams' are available.
- Hassan Whiteside (conditioning) questionable for Utah on Sunday January 22nd, 2022
- Trent Forrest (hip) questionable for Jazz Sunday January 22nd, 2022
- Lauri Markkanen (ankle) won't return for Cleveland on Saturday January 22nd, 2022
- Bojan Bogdanovic (finger) probable Sunday for Jazz January 22nd, 2022
- Rudy Gobert (ankle) questionable Sunday for Utah January 22nd, 2022
- Donovan Mitchell (concussion) out again Sunday for Utah January 22nd, 2022
- Aaron Nesmith (ankle) probable Sunday for Boston January 22nd, 2022
- Boston's Marcus Smart (conditioning) probable on Sunday January 22nd, 2022
- Boston's Robert Williams (personal) starting on Friday, Grant Williams to bench January 21st, 2022
- Grant Williams out of Celtics' Friday lineup against Trail Blazers January 21st, 2022
- Aaron Nesmith (ankle) inactive for Celtics' Friday matchup January 21st, 2022
- Boston's Marcus Smart (conditioning) remains out on Friday January 21st, 2022