Eric Gordon starting in Rockets opener Wednesday
Houston Rockets shooting guard Eric Gordon will start in Wednesday's season opener against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Gordon sat out a few preseason games with a sore ankle, but he's joining Kevin Porter Jr., Jalen Green, Christian Wood, and Daniel Theis in the starting five for the Rockets' first game of the season. Houston is in the early stages of a rebuild and is expected to prioritize younger talent like Jae'Sean Tate and KJ Martin, so Gordon may not last in the starting lineup very long. The 32-year-old veteran will likely be mentioned regularly in trade rumors between now and the deadline.
numberFire's models project Gordon for 23.3 FanDuel points in 24.5 minutes on Wednesday and he has a $4,600 salary. The Rockets-Timberwolves over/under is the second-highest total (230.0) on the board, per our NBA Heat Map.
- Terrence Ross (back) won't return for Orlando Saturday November 27th, 2021
- Moses Moody (shoulder) questionable for Golden State Sunday November 27th, 2021
- Maurice Harkless (knee) questionable for Sacramento Sunday November 27th, 2021
- Frank Jackson (ankle) probable for Detroit Sunday November 27th, 2021
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (ankle) won't return for Atlanta Saturday November 27th, 2021
- Dean Wade (calf) officially ruled out for Cleveland Saturday November 27th, 2021
- Garrison Mathews starting for Houston Saturday in place of injured Jalen Green November 27th, 2021
- Rockets' Jalen Green (hamstring) out for at least a week November 26th, 2021
- Rockets' Jalen Green (leg) will not return on Wednesday November 24th, 2021
- Daniel Theis transferring to Rockets' second unit November 24th, 2021
- Kevin Porter (thigh) starting for Rockets on Wednesday November 24th, 2021
- Kevin Porter Jr. (thigh) expects to return Wednesday for Rockets November 23rd, 2021