Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies
The New Orleans Pelicans are trading center Steven Adams and guard Eric Bledsoe to the Memphis Grizzlies for center Jonas Valanciunas.
The Grizzlies are also receiving the No. 10 and No. 40 picks in Thursday's 2021 draft, as well as a top-10 protected 2022 first-round selection. New Orleans is also acquiring the No. 17 and No. 51 picks in this year's draft. Adams will likely replace Valanciunas as the starting center in Memphis. The addition of the veteran big man could offer more room for Jaren Jackson Jr. to move around on offense.
Adams averaged 24.5 FanDuel points and 27.7 minutes in 58 games last season. He registered the second-best total rebound rate of his career (17.4 percent) and the fourth-best offensive rebound rate in the league (14.4 percent).
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Memphis' Grayson Allen (ankle) active for Wednesday's Play-In matchup against Spurs May 19th, 2021
- Grizzlies' Grayson Allen (abdominal) upgraded to questionable for play-in May 19th, 2021
- Jaren Jackson Jr. starting for Memphis Sunday; Killian Tillie back to bench May 16th, 2021