Celtics send Kemba Walker, picks to Thunder for Al Horford, Moses Brown
The Boston Celtics are trading point guard Kemba Walker, a 2021 first-round pick, and a 2025 second-round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for forward/center Al Horford , center Moses Brown, and a 2023 second-round pick.
Walker, 31, was limited to 43 games last season due to lingering knee issues. He recorded a career-low 23.8 percent assist rate and averaged 19.3 points per game, his lowest output since 2014. The Thunder may decide to send Walker elsewhere before the start of next season, but if he stays around, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander could shift to shooting guard. Oklahoma City now holds three first-round picks in the 2021 NBA Draft.
Kemba averaged 33.6 FanDuel points during the regular season with a 55.9 true shooting percentage.
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Suns' Dario Saric tears ACL, out indefinitely July 7th, 2021
- Dario Saric (knee) won't return for Suns in Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Thunder trade Al Horford to Boston June 18th, 2021
- Moses Brown traded from Thunder to Celtics June 18th, 2021
- Celtics send Kemba Walker, picks to Thunder for Al Horford, Moses Brown June 18th, 2021
- Thunder starting Josh Hall for Darius Bazley on Sunday May 16th, 2021
- Lu Dort (knee) out for Oklahoma City in regular season finale May 16th, 2021
- Kenrich Williams coming off Thunder's bench Friday with Theo Maledon starting May 14th, 2021