Marcus Smart (calf) will not play for Celtics Wednesday versus Cavaliers
Boston Celtics point guard Marcus Smart (right calf contusion) will not play Wednesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Celtics have ruled out Smart and Kemba Walker (rest) for the second leg of their back-to-back. Payton Pritchard will likely start and play heavy minutes Wednesday night. There should also be more opportunities for Tremont Waters, Carsen Edwards, and Aaron Nesmith.
Pritchard is registering a 20.5 percent usage rate and producing 0.8 FanDuel points per minute this season with Smart, Walker, and Jaylen Brown (wrist) off the court. He has a $3,500 salary on Wednesday's six-game slate.
- Cameron Payne coming off Suns' bench Thursday with Chris Paul starting June 24th, 2021
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) questionable for Hawks Friday June 24th, 2021
- Chris Paul (health protocols) will start in Phoenix's Thursday Game 3 lineup June 24th, 2021
- Phoenix's Chris Paul (health protocols) available for Thursday's Game 3 matchup June 24th, 2021
- Chris Paul (health protocols) officially probable for Game 3 June 23rd, 2021
- Atlanta's Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) active for Wednesday's Game 1 contest against Bucks June 23rd, 2021
- Thunder trade Al Horford to Boston June 18th, 2021
- Moses Brown traded from Thunder to Celtics June 18th, 2021
- Celtics send Kemba Walker, picks to Thunder for Al Horford, Moses Brown June 18th, 2021
- Kemba Walker (knee) ruled out for Celtics Tuesday June 1st, 2021
- Celtics' Robert Williams (ankle) doubtful for Game 5 on Tuesday June 1st, 2021
- Boston's Kemba Walker (knee) doubtful for Game 5's matchup against Nets May 31st, 2021