Celtics trading Daniel Theis to Bulls in multi-team agreement
The Chicago Bulls are acquiring power forward Daniel Theis from the Boston Celtics in a multi-team trade.
Theis should still see consistent minutes but he will go from a starting job in Boston to a backup role with the Bulls. He can offer minutes at center behind Nikola Vucevic and also at the four behind Lauri Markkanen. Theis' departure should open up more opportunities for Robert Williams, especially while Tristan Thompson (protocols) is unavailable. The trade also includes Daniel Gafford and Chandler Hutchison going to the Washington Wizards while Moe Wagner and Luke Kornet land with the Celtics. The Bulls are also receiving Troy Brown Jr. and Javonte Green.
Theis was averaging 22.0 FanDuel points in 24.4 minutes over 42 games for the Celtics this season. He put up a career-high 2.3 3-point attempts per contest and connected on 34.7 percent of them.
- Domantas Sabonis (quad) questionable for Pacers Tuesday May 17th, 2021
- Pacers' Aaron Holiday (toe) questionable for Tuesday May 17th, 2021
- Celtics' Robert Williams (toe) probable for Tuesday May 17th, 2021
- Pacers list Malcolm Brogdon (hamstring) as questionable for Tuesday May 17th, 2021
- Kemba Walker (neck) not on Monday injury report for Celtics May 17th, 2021
- Evan Fournier (knee) off Celtics' injury report for Tuesday May 17th, 2021
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen starting on Sunday in place of Nikola Vucevic (rest) May 16th, 2021
- Nikola Vucevic (rest) listed out for Bulls Sunday May 16th, 2021
- Garrett Temple starting for Chicago Saturday in place of injured Zach LaVine May 15th, 2021
- Tomas Satoransky (ankle) remains out for Chicago Saturday May 15th, 2021
- Chicago's Zach LaVine (knee) ruled out on Saturday May 15th, 2021
- Bulls' Tomas Satoransky (ankle) questionable on Saturday May 14th, 2021