Fred VanVleet (protocols) upgraded to questionable for Raptors
Toronto Raptors point guard Fred VanVleet (COVID-19 protocols) has been upgraded to questionable for Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons.
VanVleet was previously listed as doubtful due to the league's health and safety protocols. He hasn't played since February after catching the coronavirus and revealed that it's been a difficult process. "I tested positive, had symptoms pretty soon after that," VanVleet said in an interview. "Back sore. Body aches. I just (felt) like I just played three nights in a row. Sore, headache, my eyes were hurting. I didn't have the shortness of breath or anything like that. I had a fever for a day and a half, two days. But definitely nothing like anything I've ever had. I could feel that it was something different. I just felt the sickness, I could just feel it in me, I could feel it in my bones and my blood and my muscles." Based on these comments, VanVleet may be on a minutes restriction if he is cleared. The Raptors are also listing Pascal Siakam, Patrick McCaw, and Malachi Flynn as questionable for Wednesday's matchup. Terence Davis, De'Andre Bembry, and Stanley Johnson will all be at risk of losing minutes as Toronto returns to full strength.
Per numberFire's NBA Heat Map, the Raptors-Pistons game has the second-lowest over/under (217 points) on Wednesday's 10-game slate.
- Chad Pinder not in Athletics' Monday lineup July 4th, 2022
- Kevin Huerter heading from Atlanta to Sacramento in three-player deal July 1st, 2022
- Celtics acquire Malcolm Brogdon from Indiana on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Timberwolves send Patrick Beverley to Utah in megadeal July 1st, 2022
- Malik Beasley, four others headed to Utah in trade July 1st, 2022
- Jazz trade Rudy Gobert to Minnesota in blockbuster deal July 1st, 2022
- Fred VanVleet (hip) officially out Thursday for Raptors April 28th, 2022
- Raptors' Fred VanVleet (hip) doubtful for Game 6 on Thursday April 27th, 2022
- Scottie Barnes starting for Raptors in Game 5 in place of injured Fred VanVleet April 25th, 2022
- Fred VanVleet (hip) ruled out again Monday for Raptors April 25th, 2022
- Raptors' Fred VanVleet (hip) questionable for Monday April 24th, 2022
- Toronto's Fred VanVleet (hip) will not return on Saturday April 23rd, 2022