Rudy Gay, other Spurs will remain quarantined until second half
San Antonio Spurs forward Rudy Gay, point guard Derrick White, and shooting guard Devin Vassell will not play against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday due to NBA health and safety protocols.
Gay, Vassell, and White will remain out for the Spurs' final game before the All-Star break. They should all be able to clear quarantine by the time the league resumes play next Wednesday. LaMarcus Aldridge is also dealing with an illness that sidelined him for Tuesday's win over the New York Knicks but Keldon Johnson was able to return after missing three games due to protocols. Luka Samanic turned in his best game of the season with 14 points, 7 boards, an assist, a steal, a block, and 3 triples off the bench. Trey Lyles provided a season-high 18 points and DeMar DeRozan dished out 11 assists for a second straight game.
Among players with at least a 10-minute sample size when Aldridge, Gay, White, and Vassell aren't on the floor, Dejounte Murray is leading the Spurs with a 26.6 percent usage rate and Johnson is second at 24.5 percent. Murray is also pacing the team with 1.2 FanDuel points per minute in those situations. Johnson (1.1) is second and DDR is third (1.0).
- Nicolas Batum back in Clippers' starting lineup Saturday; Ivica Zubac returns to bench June 12th, 2021
- Ivica Zubac coming off Clippers' bench Saturday June 12th, 2021
- Charania: Philadelphia's Danny Green (calf) expected to miss 2-to-3 weeks June 12th, 2021
- James Harden (hamstring) remains out for Brooklyn Sunday June 12th, 2021
- Mike Conley (hamstring) remains out for Utah Saturday June 12th, 2021
- Nuggets' Michael Porter Jr. (back) available for Game 3 on Friday June 11th, 2021
- Jakob Poeltl (rest) starting for Spurs Sunday; Drew Eubanks back to bench May 16th, 2021
- Dejounte Murray starting for Spurs Sunday May 16th, 2021
- DeMar DeRozan (rest) starting for Spurs Sunday; Devin Vassell back to bench May 16th, 2021
- Lonnie Walker (quad) will play for Spurs on Sunday May 16th, 2021
- Dejounte Murray (back) available for Spurs on Sunday afternoon May 16th, 2021
- Dejounte Murray (back) questionable for Spurs Sunday May 16th, 2021