Nets' Norvel Pelle receives praise
Brooklyn Nets power forward Norvel Pelle received praise from head coach Steve Nash.
“He’s out of shape a little bit for NBA standards,” Nash said. “You could see him out there. I was proud of him for fighting through, trying to get his legs and his lungs going. He obviously has some instincts blocking shots, which is I think his reputation and why we looked at him. I was proud of the way he conducted himself and worked hard.” Pelle recorded 2 points, 5 boards, and 3 blocks in just 17 minutes on Saturday in his season debut. The second-year big should be able to earn more minutes moving forward with consistent production. It's worth noting that the Nets signed Noah Vonleh on Monday to add to their thin frontcourt.
Pelle scored 14 and averaged 0.8 FanDuel points per minute in his debut. His 14.4 block percentage would be first in the league by 4.4 percentage points.
- Donovan Mitchell (ankle) questionable for Utah Friday night June 17th, 2021
- Mike Conley (hamstring) questionable for Utah in Game 6 June 17th, 2021
- Trae Young (shoulder) probable for Atlanta in Game 6 June 17th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers Friday June 17th, 2021
- Jeff Green starting for Brooklyn in Game 6; Bruce Brown to bench June 17th, 2021
- Kawhi Leonard (knee) ruled out for Friday's Game 6 matchup June 17th, 2021
- New York's Taj Gibson starting in Friday's Game 3 contest, Nerlens Noel playing with second unit May 28th, 2021
- Knicks starting Derrick Rose in Friday's Game 3 lineup, Elfrid Payton to bench May 28th, 2021
- Nerlens Noel (ankle) available, starting for Knicks Wednesday May 26th, 2021
- Knicks' Nerlens Noel (ankle) questionable for Game 2 on Wednesday May 25th, 2021
- New York's Derrick Rose (ankle) available for Saturday's contest against Hornets May 15th, 2021
- Derrick Rose (ankle) questionable for Knicks Saturday May 14th, 2021