Lonzo Ball (knee) logs 23 minutes for Pelicans in return
New Orleans Pelicans point guard Lonzo Ball played 23 minutes versus the Utah Jazz on Tuesday in his first game back from a three-game absence for a knee injury.
Ball scored 7 points (3-of-10 field goals, 1-of-2 free throws) with 1 rebound, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block while playing in 5-6 minute stretches. He missed all six attempts from beyond the arc on Tuesday night but is still averaging 2.0 3-pointers per game on the year. Ball should see a little more action on Thursday in a rematch against the Jazz.
Lonzo scored 23.2 FanDuel points on Tuesday. The Jazz are allowing the second-fewest FanDuel points per game to the point guard position this season, so Ball will face a stiff challenge again Thursday even with more minutes.
- Warriors' Kelly Oubre (wrist) ruled out for Thursday night March 4th, 2021
- Thunder starting Isaiah Roby for inactive Al Horford (rest) on Thursday March 4th, 2021
- Goran Dragic coming off Miami's bench Thursday night March 4th, 2021
- Jimmy Butler (knee) starting for Miami Thursday; Goran Dragic to bench March 4th, 2021
- Miami's KZ Okpala starting for injured Bam Adebayo (knee) on Thursday March 4th, 2021
- Indiana's Domantas Sabonis (ankle) active for Thursday's game against Denver March 4th, 2021
- Pelicans starting Josh Hart for injured Zion Williamson (toe) on Thursday March 4th, 2021
- New Orleans' Zion Williamson (toe) ruled out on Thursday March 4th, 2021
- JJ Redick (heel) ruled out for New Orleans Thursday night March 4th, 2021
- Zion Williamson (toe) now doubtful for Pelicans against Heat March 4th, 2021
- Pelicans' J.J. Redick (illness) questionable Thursday March 4th, 2021
- New Orleans' JJ Redick (hamstring) available for Monday's game against Jazz March 1st, 2021