C.J. McCollum has broken foot, out for Trail Blazers at least 4 weeks
Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum has been diagnosed with a small hairline fracture to the lateral cuneiform in his left foot and a mid-foot sprain.
McCollum will wear a walking boot and be re-evaluated in four weeks. Rodney Hood started Monday in place of McCollum and recorded a season-high 21 points (9-of-14 field goals) with 2 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 2 triples over 25 minutes. Anfernee Simons provided minimal production with additional minutes off the bench. McCollum's absence should also lead to more usage for Gary Trent Jr. and Derrick Jones Jr.
Hood scored 26.4 FanDuel points as a starter on Monday and recorded the second-highest usage percentage (29.6) on the Trail Blazers behind Damian Lillard (40.3). Carmelo Anthony (22.9) was the only other player on the team with a usage rate higher than 20 percent.
- Hawks' Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) expected to return Tuesday March 2nd, 2021
- Jalen McDaniels to come off Hornets bench Monday March 1st, 2021
- Hornets' Cody Martin will start Monday; Jalen McDaniels to come off bench March 1st, 2021
- Knicks' Taj Gibson (ankle) out again for Tuesday March 1st, 2021
- Suns list Dario Saric (ankle) as questionable for Tuesday March 1st, 2021
- New York's Elfrid Payton (hamstring) doubtful for Tuesday's game against Spurs March 1st, 2021
- Blazers' CJ McCollum (foot) to be reevaluated on March 2 February 24th, 2021
- Damian Lillard drops 43 points, 16 dimes as Portland prevails past Pelicans February 18th, 2021
- Rodney Hood (foot) available to play on Wednesday night February 17th, 2021
- Rodney Hood (foot) questionable to play Wednesday night February 17th, 2021
- Portland's C.J. McCollum (foot) to miss at least the next two weeks February 16th, 2021
- Portland's Rodney Hood (foot) will not play Tuesday versus Oklahoma City February 15th, 2021