Celtics planning to ease Kemba Walker (knee) into 2020-21 season
Boston Celtics point guard Kemba Walker is expected to be eased into the season as he continues to strengthen his knee.
Walker is reportedly still not 100% recovered from last season's knee injury, and the Celtics are planning to handle his minutes as they did at the beginning of the bubble. Brad Stevens said "The key to this whole thing with him is just strengthening the knee. Just continuing to take this opportunity when we’re not playing, when we’re not practicing to really focus on that. Very similar to what we did at the beginning of the bubble. I think there’ll be a transition like that because of the shortened season, the shortened offseason. It’ll be some time before he’s going full speed for us for sure." Steven's last sentence indicates that Walker will start the season with limited work but could increase his minutes if his knee responds well.
Walker averaged 20.4 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 4.8 assists per game for Boston during the 2019-20 season.
- Timberwolves' D'Angelo Russell (quad) out Monday January 25th, 2021
- Thunder list Theo Maledon as starter in place of George Hill (thumb) January 25th, 2021
- Patrick Beverley (knee) will not play for Clippers Tuesday January 25th, 2021
- James Wiseman to come off Warriors' bench Monday January 25th, 2021
- Josh Green coming off bench for Mavericks Monday January 25th, 2021
- Blazers starting Gary Trent Jr. over Rodney Hood Monday January 25th, 2021
- Celtics announce Jayson Tatum (health and safety) will start Monday January 25th, 2021
- Jayson Tatum (COVID-19) officially cleared for Celtics Monday January 25th, 2021
- Celtics' Kemba Walker (rest) ruled out for Monday January 24th, 2021
- Grant Williams playing off Boston's bench with Daniel Theis starting on Sunday January 24th, 2021
- Boston's Daniel Theis starting on Sunday, Grant Williams to bench January 24th, 2021
- Boston's Jayson Tatum (health protocols) expected back on Monday January 24th, 2021