Trail Blazers' Carmelo Anthony reportedly returning on 1-year deal
Portland Trail Blazers forward Carmelo Anthony is staying with the team for another season, according to Shams Charania of the Athletic.
Anthony reportedly considered other offers, but he wanted to stay loyal to the organization that gave him a second chance in the NBA. He won't be expected play a huge role, as there are a number of players in the frontcourt pecking order. However, as we saw last year, the Blazers may opt for a veteran presence down the stretch of important games late in the season.
Last season, Anthony averaged 15.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists per contest.
- Wojnarowski: Rockets agree to trade Russell Westbrook to Washington for John Wall, first round pick December 2nd, 2020
- Bogdan Bogdanovic headed to Hawks after Kings decline to match four-year $72 million offer sheet November 24th, 2020
- Celtics planning to ease Kemba Walker (knee) into 2020-21 season November 24th, 2020
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope reportedly re-ups with Lakers on 3-year contract November 21st, 2020
- Boston Celtics reportedly sign Tristan Thompson November 21st, 2020
- Elfrid Payton reportedly re-signs with Knicks on 1-year deal November 21st, 2020
- Trail Blazers' Carmelo Anthony reportedly returning on 1-year deal November 21st, 2020
- Enes Kanter reportedly traded to Portland in three-way deal with Celtics and Grizzlies November 20th, 2020
- Portland's Wenyen Gabriel (quad) ruled out of Saturday's game August 29th, 2020
- Portland's Gary Trent Jr. starting Saturday in place of injured Damian Lillard August 29th, 2020
- Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard leaving bubble for knee exam August 27th, 2020
- Lakers, Trail Blazers officially not playing Game 5 on Wednesday August 26th, 2020