Dwight Howard signs one-year deal with 76ers
Former Los Angeles Lakers forward/center Dwight Howard has agreed to a one-year deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Howard's stay in Los Angeles will be a short one as he ends his stay and heads east to join the 76ers and Doc Rivers. The 34-year-old played in 69 games for the Lakers last season, starting 2. The former first overall pick in the 2004 NBA draft will add another stop to his long career, serving as Joel Embiid's back up in Philadelphia.
Howard averaged 7.5 points, 7.3 rebounds, 0.7 assists, and 19.4 FanDuel points per game during the 2019-20 season.
- Lakers' LeBron James (ankle) starting as expected Monday January 18th, 2021
- Utah's Joe Ingles (Achilles) listed questionable for Tuesday night January 18th, 2021
- Garrett Temple starting for Chicago Monday in place of Patrick Williams January 18th, 2021
- Bulls' Patrick Williams (hip) out Monday; Garrett Temple to start in his place January 18th, 2021
- Gabe Vincent coming off Heat's bench Monday January 18th, 2021
- Goran Dragic starting for Miami Monday; Gabe Vincent to bench January 18th, 2021
- Woj: Sunday's contest between Sixers and Thunder postponed January 17th, 2021
- Philadelphia' Dwight Howard starting for injured Joel Embiid (knee) on Saturday January 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Ben Simmons (knee) available for Saturday's game against Memphis January 16th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) ruled out for Saturday and Sunday January 15th, 2021
- 76ers' Mike Scott (knee) out for the next two games January 15th, 2021
- Mike Scott coming off Sixers' bench with Tobias Harris (health protocols) starting on Thursday January 14th, 2021