Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard leaving bubble for knee exam
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard will leave Orlando on Thursday and return to Portland for further examination on his right knee.
The Trail Blazers said in a statement that it remains to be seen whether Lillard will return to the Orlando bubble. They are currently down 3-1 in the first round to the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round, so Lillard's season is likely finished. He was ruled out for Game 5 before the game was postponed. If the series resumes, Anfernee Simons and Gary Trent Jr. are candidates to replace Lillard in the starting lineup and C.J. McCollum and Carmelo Anthony should see upticks on offense.
McCollum averaged 52.7 FanDuel points with 32.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 8.1 assists, and 4.4 3-pointers per game when Lillard didn't play this season. He shot 48.0 percent from the field and 41.7 percent from three in those games.
- Miami's Goran Dragic (foot) available off the bench for Game 6 on Sunday October 11th, 2020
- Dwight Howard coming off the bench for Lakers in Game 6 on Sunday October 11th, 2020
- Lakers' Alex Caruso starting in Game 6 on Sunday, Dwight Howard coming off the bench October 11th, 2020
- Miami's Goran Dragic (foot) ruled out for NBA Finals Game 5 on Friday October 9th, 2020
- Bam Adebayo (neck) removed from Miami's Game 5 injury report October 8th, 2020
- Meyers Leonard coming off the bench for Miami in Game 4 on Tuesday October 6th, 2020
- Portland's Wenyen Gabriel (quad) ruled out of Saturday's game August 29th, 2020
- Portland's Gary Trent Jr. starting Saturday in place of injured Damian Lillard August 29th, 2020
- Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard leaving bubble for knee exam August 27th, 2020
- Lakers, Trail Blazers officially not playing Game 5 on Wednesday August 26th, 2020
- Lakers, Trail Blazers reportedly leaning toward boycotting Game 5 August 26th, 2020
- Damian Lillard (knee sprain) ruled out for Trail Blazers in Game 5 August 25th, 2020