Damian Lillard (knee sprain) ruled out for Trail Blazers in Game 5
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard has been ruled out for Game 5 against the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday due to a right knee sprain.
Lillard suffered the injury during Monday's loss and didn't return. Anfernee Simons and Gary Trent Jr. are candidates to replace Lillard in the starting lineup on Wednesday and they should both see more minutes. C.J. McCollum and Carmelo Anthony will be tasked with more of the offensive burden as the Trail Blazers try to avoid elimination.
McCollum averaged 52.7 FanDuel points with 32.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 8.1 assists, and 4.4 3-pointers per game when Lillard didn't play this season. He shot 48.0 percent from the field and 41.7 percent from three in those games.
- Miami's Goran Dragic (foot) available off the bench for Game 6 on Sunday October 11th, 2020
- Dwight Howard coming off the bench for Lakers in Game 6 on Sunday October 11th, 2020
- Lakers' Alex Caruso starting in Game 6 on Sunday, Dwight Howard coming off the bench October 11th, 2020
- Miami's Goran Dragic (foot) ruled out for NBA Finals Game 5 on Friday October 9th, 2020
- Bam Adebayo (neck) removed from Miami's Game 5 injury report October 8th, 2020
- Meyers Leonard coming off the bench for Miami in Game 4 on Tuesday October 6th, 2020
- Portland's Wenyen Gabriel (quad) ruled out of Saturday's game August 29th, 2020
- Portland's Gary Trent Jr. starting Saturday in place of injured Damian Lillard August 29th, 2020
- Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard leaving bubble for knee exam August 27th, 2020
- Lakers, Trail Blazers officially not playing Game 5 on Wednesday August 26th, 2020
- Lakers, Trail Blazers reportedly leaning toward boycotting Game 5 August 26th, 2020
- Damian Lillard (knee sprain) ruled out for Trail Blazers in Game 5 August 25th, 2020