LeBron James out for Lakers on Thursday with sore groin in second leg of back-to-back
Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James will not play on Thursday versus the Houston Rockets due to a sore groin.
James will be held out for the second leg of the back-to-back set. Anthony Davis will asked to shoulder most of the load on offense. Kyle Kuzma could replace James in the starting lineup. Look for Danny Green, Dion Waiters, and J.R. Smith to also be more involved, especially if Alex Caruso (neck, questionable) sits. James has averaged an underwhelming 19.3 points, 10.0 rebounds, 6.3 assists, 1.0 steals, and 1.5 3-pointers with a 42.0 field goal percentage through four games in the bubble.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Lakers are getting 3.0 points against the Rockets on Thursday. Smith has seen a 9.1 percent usage increase and Waiters' has rose 4.6 percent without LeBron on the court.
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward (ankle) available for Game 3 against Miami on Saturday September 19th, 2020
- Celtics: "significant optimism" Gordon Hayward (ankle) will be active for Game 3 on Saturday September 19th, 2020
- Boston's Gordon Hayward (ankle) questionable for Saturday's Game 3 matchup against Heat September 18th, 2020
- Boston's Gordon Hayward (ankle) ruled out on Thursday September 17th, 2020
- Boston's Gordon Hayward (ankle) doubtful for Thursday's Game 2 against Miami September 16th, 2020
- Stevens: Celtics' Gordon Hayward (ankle) expected to play "at some point" during Eastern Conference Finals September 13th, 2020
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (ankle) questionable for Saturday's Game 5 matchup against Denver September 25th, 2020
- JaVale McGee coming off Lakers' bench with Dwight Howard starting in Thursday's Game 4 lineup September 24th, 2020
- Lakers starting Dwight Howard in Thursday's Game 4 lineup against Nuggets, JaVale McGee to bench September 24th, 2020
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (back) available for Friday's Game 1 matchup against Nuggets September 18th, 2020
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (back) questionable for Friday's Game 1 matchup against Nuggets September 17th, 2020
- JaVale McGee coming off Lakers' bench with Markieff Morris starting in Thursday's Game 4 lineup September 10th, 2020