Spurs' Trey Lyles (appendicitis) ruled out for restart
San Antonio Spurs power forward Trey Lyles will not be available for the NBA's scheduled restart due to appendicitis.
The Spurs will be without Lyles and LaMarcus Aldridge (shoulder) in Orlando. Jakob Poeltl should benefit the most in San Antonio's frontcourt, but look for DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Dejounte Murray, and Patty Mills to pick up the slack on offense. Lyles' 13.7 percent usage rate is last on the Spurs among players with at least 1,000 minutes this season.
DeRozan sees a 4.4 percent usage spike when Aldridge and Lyles are off the floor this season. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Spurs are tied for the fifth-worst odds (+21000) to win the NBA Championship.
- Celtics' Kemba Walker (rest) ruled out for Monday January 24th, 2021
- Knicks' Alec Burks starting on Sunday with Reggie Bullock (neck) ruled out January 24th, 2021
- Bulls' Wendell Carter Jr. (quad) doubtful for Monday January 24th, 2021
- D'Angelo Russell (quad) questionable for Minnesota on Monday January 24th, 2021
- Lakers' LeBron James (ankle) questionable for Monday January 24th, 2021
- Reggie Bullock (neck) ruled out on Sunday January 24th, 2021
- San Antonio's Dejounte Murray (ankle) available for Sunday's game against Wizards January 24th, 2021
- Spurs' Dejounte Murray (ankle) questionable for Sunday night January 23rd, 2021
- LaMarcus Aldridge held to 4 points in lopsided Spurs loss January 21st, 2021
- Trey Lyles playing with Spurs' bench unit on Thursday, DeMar DeRozan to start January 14th, 2021
- San Antonio's DeMar DeRozan (personal) starting on Thursday. Trey Lyles to bench January 14th, 2021
- DeMar DeRozan (personal) returning for Spurs Thursday January 14th, 2021