Spencer Dinwiddie (COVID-19) ruled out for Nets
Brooklyn Nets point guard Spencer Dinwiddie (COVID-19) will not play in the Orlando restart, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Dinwiddie tested positive for COVID-19 and is symptomatic, so the Nets' team doctors have decided to keep him out for "an abundance of caution." He is the fourth key rotation player to opt-out, joining DeAndre Jordan (COVID-19), Kevin Durant (Achilles), and Kyrie Irving (shoulder). Caris LeVert is likely going to see as much run as he can handle and there should be more work for the likes of Joe Harris, Garrett Temple, and Tyler Johnson. Additional minutes could also be available for Chris Chiozza and Dzanan Musa. Dinwiddie has the second-highest usage rate (29.2 percent) on the Nets behind Kyrie Irving (32.6 percent).
LeVert's usage rate jumps to a team-high 33.0 percent when Durant, Irving, Dinwiddie, and Jordan are sidelined. He averages 1.3 FanDuel points per minute in those situations. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Nets are tied for having the seventh-worst odds (+16000) to win the NBA Championship.
- Jimmy Butler (foot) sidelined again for Heat on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Goran Dragic (ankle) ruled out for Heat on Thursday against Bucks August 6th, 2020
- George Hill returning to Bucks' bench Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Wesley Matthews (calf) will start for Bucks on Thursday over George Hill August 6th, 2020
- Russell Westbrook (quad) unlikely to play for Rockets on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- LeBron James out for Lakers on Thursday with sore groin in second leg of back-to-back August 6th, 2020
- Rodions Kurucs playing off Brooklyn's bench Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Jarrett Allen (rest) returns to Nets' lineup Wednesday; Rodions Kurucs to bench August 5th, 2020
- Garrett Temple coming off Brooklyn's bench Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot coming off Nets' bench Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Caris LeVert (thigh) starting for Brooklyn Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Joe Harris (back) returns to Nets starting lineup Wednesday August 5th, 2020