Wizards' Bradley Beal (shoulder) sitting out Orlando
Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal will not participate in the NBA restart due to a shoulder injury.
"This was a difficult decision and one that I did not take lightly as the leader of this team," Beal said. :I wanted to help my teammates compete for a playoff spot in Orlando, but also understand that this will be best for all of us in the long term." Shabazz Napier is the only other player on the Wizards' roster with a usage rate above 20.0 percent, so Beal's decision creates enormous opportunities for the entire team. Ish Smith, Gary Payton II, Troy Brown Jr., and Garrison Matthews are all set up for extended playing time. There are also more shots available for the likes of Thomas Bryant, Moe Wagner, and Rui Hachimura.
Napier has a team-high 25.9 percent usage rate when Beal is off the court this season. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Wizards are tied for having the worst odds (+25000) to win the NBA Championship.
- Mitchell Robinson (knee) starting in Knicks' Monday game against Magic January 18th, 2021
- Atlanta's Cam Reddish (knee) questionable for Monday's contest against Minnesota January 18th, 2021
- Tim Hardaway Jr. (groin) listed as questionable on Mavericks' Monday injury report January 18th, 2021
- New York's Mitchell Robinson (knee) game-time decision on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Raptors' Alex Len (health protocols) ruled out on Monday January 17th, 2021
- Reggie Jackson playing with Clippers' second unit on Sunday, Patrick Beverley to start January 17th, 2021
- Wizards-Cavaliers Sunday-Monday back-to-back postponed January 15th, 2021
- Charania: Friday's Wizards-Pistons contest reportedly postponed January 13th, 2021
- Wizards-Jazz postponed Wednesday January 12th, 2021
- Wizards' Rui Hachimura (health and safety protocols) questionable for Wednesday January 12th, 2021
- Jerome Robinson back on Wizards' bench Monday January 11th, 2021
- Wizards' Bradley Beal (health and safety protocols) starting Monday; Jerome Robinson to bench January 11th, 2021