Pelicans Darius Miller (achilles) 'unsure' if he can play
New Orleans Pelicans guard/forward Darius Miller (achilles) is 'unsure' if he will be ready to play when the season resumes.
Miller tore his achilles in August and was expected to miss the entirety of the season, but he has had extra time now with the hiatus to recover. Still, he has been unable to return to practice or to play any 3-on-3 or 5-on-5 due to COVID-19, so he might still have to wait until next season before he can come back.
Even if Miller became available as the season progresses, it is unclear how willing the team would be to work him into the rotation at this point. If he is unable to play when practices resume, expect the Pelicans to look for temporary replacements on the free agent market.
- Magic's Mo Bamba inactive for Thursday's matchup against Pelicans August 13th, 2020
- D.J. Augustin playing off Orlando's bench on Thursday August 13th, 2020
- Orlando's Markelle Fultz starting on Thursday, D.J Augustin to bench August 13th, 2020
- Timothe Luwawau-Cabarrot working with Nets' reserves Thursday August 13th, 2020
- Jarrett Allen back at center for Brooklyn's regular-season final August 13th, 2020
- Brookyn's Garrett Temple starting on Thursday, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to bench August 13th, 2020
- E'Twaun Moore moved to Pelicans' second unit Thursday August 13th, 2020
- Pelicans' Frank Jackson starting at point guard on Thursday August 13th, 2020
- Pelicans starting Josh Hart (knee) in Thursday's lineup against Magic August 13th, 2020
- Pelicans starting Nickeil Alexander-Walker on Thursday, E'Twaun Moore to bench August 13th, 2020
- Lonzo Ball unlikely to play in Pelicans' finale Thursday night August 13th, 2020
- Pelicans' Josh Hart (knee) questionable on Thursday August 12th, 2020