Mavericks' Courtney Lee has season-ending calf surgery
Dallas Mavericks guard/forward Courtney Lee suffered a season-ending calf injury during the NBA's hiatus, reports Marc Stein of The New York Times.
The injury required surgery and will keep Lee out of the restart in Orlando. The Mavericks are not expected to waive Lee in order to pick up another player, so look for Delon Wright and J.J. Barea to take on additional minutes. Lee averaged 20.4 minutes in 10 games after the All-Star break, a huge jump from 10.1 minutes before the break. However, his usage rate actually fell from 13.0 percent to 11.3 percent.
Lee has the second-lowest usage rate (11.9 percent) on the Mavericks this season, so his absence doesn't open up too many looks on offense. Wright does see his usage rate rise slightly from 12.2 percent to 14.5 percent when he isn't sharing the floor with Lee.
- Talen Horton-Tucker (calf) available for Lakers on Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Wesley Matthews starting for Lakers on Sunday in place of injured Kyle Kuzma (back) May 9th, 2021
- Buddy Hield (ankle) available for Kings on Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Pistons' Frank Jackson (ankle) will not return on Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Carmelo Anthony (ankle) questionable for Portland on Monday May 9th, 2021
- Theo Maledon (foot) available for Thunder on Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Maxi Kleber (Achilles) out for Dallas on Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Maxi Kleber (Achilles) questionable for Dallas Sunday May 8th, 2021
- Kristaps Porzingis (knee) remains out for Dallas Sunday May 8th, 2021
- Mavericks' J.J. Redick (injury recovery) out on Friday May 7th, 2021
- Mavericks starting Willie Cauley-Stein on Tuesday, Dwight Powell to bench May 4th, 2021
- Mavericks' Tim Hardaway Jr. starting on Tuesday in place of injured Maxi Kleber (Achilles) May 4th, 2021