Kyrie Irving new league claim refuted by multiple Nets, reporters
Multiple Brooklyn Nets players and reporters have refuted the rumor that guard Kyrie Irving suggested players "start their own league" in a group chat with teammates, reports Taylor Rooks of Turner Sports.
This is in direct response to a report from Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, who recently claimed, "Kyrie Irving has proposed to his teammates they should start their own league, and it’s not necessarily in response to the bubble situation." However, that report has since been shot down by Irving's teammates Chris Chiozza, Theo Pinson, and Caris LeVert. Irving has been one of the most vocal players to express concerns about the NBA's restart in Orlando.
With Irving off the court, Spencer Dinwiddie was averaging 1.15 FanDuel points per minute with a usage rate of 31.0 percent (1689.1 minute sample size) while LeVert was averaging 1.12 FanDuel points per minute with a 30.9 percent usage rate (847.1 minute sample size). Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Nets are tied for the 15th-worst odds (+16000) to win the NBA Championship.
- Goran Dragic (back) active for Heat versus Raptors August 3rd, 2020
- Bam Adebayo (quad) available for Heat on Monday August 3rd, 2020
- Magic's Jonathan Isaac suffers torn ACL August 3rd, 2020
- Magic's Jonathan Isaac (knee) exits Sunday's game in fourth quarter August 2nd, 2020
- Milwaukee's Marvin Williams (groin) available for Sunday's game against Rockets August 2nd, 2020
- Miami's Jimmy Butler available for Monday's matchup against Raptors August 2nd, 2020
- Caris LeVert (thigh) out for Nets on Tuesday August 3rd, 2020
- Chris Chiozza not listed with Nets starters Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Nets to start Tyler Johnson Sunday, Chris Chiozza to bench August 2nd, 2020
- Nets' Jamal Crawford (conditioning) out for Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Jarrett Allen in Nets' starting five Friday afternoon July 31st, 2020
- Brooklyn's Lance Thomas starting at power forward on Friday July 31st, 2020