LaMarcus Aldridge (shoulder surgery) done for Spurs this season
San Antonio Spurs forward/center LaMarcus Aldridge underwent an arthroscopic procedure and rotator cuff debridement on his right shoulder and will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 season.
The procedure was performed on April 24. Aldridge injured his shoulder on February 21 against the Utah Jazz and missed six games shortly thereafter. He turned in 24 points with 3 steals and 4 blocks in a one-game return before the league was suspended for the COVID-19 pandemic. Jakob Poeltl, Rudy Gay, Trey Lyles, and Drew Eubanks could all see more run when the league returns on July 31. The Spurs are currently four games out of the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Aldridge averaged 18.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 0.7 steals, 1.6 blocks, 1.2 3-pointers (career-high), and 37.0 FanDuel points in 53 games this season. Lyles averaged 14.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.3 steals, and 0.8 blocks over a six-game stretch that Aldridge most recently sat out.
- Kings' Hassan Whiteside (hip) questionable for Friday night January 21st, 2021
- Hawks' Danilo Gallinari (ankle) doubtful to play Friday January 21st, 2021
- Hawks' Cam Reddish (knee) questionable for Friday night January 21st, 2021
- Dario Saric (health protocols) out again for Phoenix Friday January 21st, 2021
- Timberwolves' Ricky Rubio (health protocols) still out Friday January 21st, 2021
- Pacers' Myles Turner (hand) questionable for Friday night January 21st, 2021
- LaMarcus Aldridge held to 4 points in lopsided Spurs loss January 21st, 2021
- Trey Lyles playing with Spurs' bench unit on Thursday, DeMar DeRozan to start January 14th, 2021
- San Antonio's DeMar DeRozan (personal) starting on Thursday. Trey Lyles to bench January 14th, 2021
- DeMar DeRozan (personal) returning for Spurs Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Spurs' DeMar DeRozan (personal) listed questionable for Thursday January 13th, 2021
- Spurs' Devin Vassell (knee) available Tuesday January 12th, 2021