Nuggets' Nikola Jokic staying in stellar shape
Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic is in shape and he's "got a little four-pack," per shooting guard Jamal Murray.
"It's kind of weird to see him like this where he's more athletic, he's moving a lot better," Murray said about Jokic. This comes after Nuggets head coach Mike Malone said Jokic looks "even lighter" than he was prior to the shutdown. Jokic admitted he wasn't in optimal shape when the 2019-20 season began, but it sounds like he'll be ready to help the Nuggets make a deep postseason run.
Jokic averaged 20.2 points, 10.2 rebounds, 6.9 assists, 1.2 steals, 0.7 blocks, 1.1 3-pointers, and 45.2 FanDuel points over 65 games before the lockdown. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Denver Nuggets have the seventh-highest odds (+2500) to win the NBA Championship.
- Lakers starting Quinn Cook for inactive LeBron James (groin) on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- JaVale McGee playing with Lakers' second unit on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma starting in Thursday's lineup against Houston, JaVale McGee to bench August 6th, 2020
- Lakers' Alex Caruso (neck) inactive on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Rockets starting Ben McLemore for injured Russell Westbrook (quad) on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Houston's Russell Westbrook (quad) inactive for Thursday's matchup against Lakers August 6th, 2020
- Nuggets starting Jerami Grant for inactive Paul Millsap on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Denver's Jamal Murray (hamstring) ruled out on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Paul Millsap ruled out for Nuggets on Thursday against Trail Blazers August 6th, 2020
- Nuggets' Jamal Murray (hamstring) remains out Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Nuggets' Will Barton (knee) out again on Wednesday August 4th, 2020
- Nuggets' Michael Porter Jr. starting for injured Will Barton (knee) on Saturday August 1st, 2020