76ers' Ben Simmons to be re-evaluated in 3 weeks
Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks, per Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Simmons is progressing in rehab with lower back nerve impingement. He hasn't played since February 22, but if the re-evaluation results in Simmons being cleared, he could be eased back into the rotation just in time for the playoffs. In the meantime, Shake Milton should continue to benefit. Joel Embiid (left shoulder) is in line for monster usage rates to finish the season once he's cleared, which could be as soon as Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons.
Simmons was averaging 43.0 FanDuel points per game prior to the injury. Per numberFire's NBA Heat Map, the 76ers have the highest implied total (111.25 points) on Wednesday's six-game slate.
- Rockets' Thabo Sefolosha opts out of Orlando restart July 1st, 2020
- Grizzlies' Jaren Jackson Jr. expected to be ready for NBA restart July 1st, 2020
- Grizzlies' Justise Winslow (back) expected to be ready to play in Orlando July 1st, 2020
- Portland's Caleb Swanigan opts out of Orlando's restart July 1st, 2020
- Kings' Marvin Bagley (left foot) "ready to play" heading into NBA restart July 1st, 2020
- Hassan Whiteside likely to play off Portland's bench July 1st, 2020
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (back) better than start of season July 2nd, 2020
- 76ers' Joel Embiid draws praise for work during NBA shutdown July 1st, 2020
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (back) "ready to go" when play resumes later this month July 1st, 2020
- Sixers sign free agent Ryan Broekhoff June 26th, 2020
- 76ers' Joel Embiid training regularly during pandemic June 10th, 2020
- NBA reportedly approves 22-team restart June 4th, 2020