76ers' Ben Simmons to be re-evaluated in 3 weeks
Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks, per Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Simmons is progressing in rehab with lower back nerve impingement. He hasn't played since February 22, but if the re-evaluation results in Simmons being cleared, he could be eased back into the rotation just in time for the playoffs. In the meantime, Shake Milton should continue to benefit. Joel Embiid (left shoulder) is in line for monster usage rates to finish the season once he's cleared, which could be as soon as Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons.
Simmons was averaging 43.0 FanDuel points per game prior to the injury. Per numberFire's NBA Heat Map, the 76ers have the highest implied total (111.25 points) on Wednesday's six-game slate.
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Suns reportedly acquire Landry Shamet in trade with Nets July 29th, 2021
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid (knee) available for Sunday's Game 7 matchup June 20th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers in Game 7 June 20th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers Friday June 17th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available and starting in Game 5 on Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers Wednesday June 16th, 2021