Deandre Ayton (ankle) doubtful for Suns on Friday
Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton (left ankle sprain) is unlikely to play on Friday against the Portland Trail Blazers, per head coach Monty Williams.
Ayton underwent an MRI on Wednesday after spraining his ankle during Tuesday's game against the Toronto Raptors. He's probably facing a multi-game absence. Aron Baynes figures to replace Ayton in the starting lineup and Dario Saric could see a boost. Cam Johnson should also benefit after setting career-highs with 21 points, 5 3-pointers, and 3 blocks on Tuesday. Cheick Diallo may enter the rotation.
Ayton is second on the Suns with a 24.3 usage rate, leaving a void in the offense. He's averaging 41.1 FanDuel points per game.
- Spurs' Rudy Gay (heel) questionable on Saturday May 14th, 2021
- Bulls' Tomas Satoransky (ankle) questionable on Saturday May 14th, 2021
- Pacers' Aaron Holiday (toe) questionable on Saturday May 14th, 2021
- Tristan Thompson (chest) out for Boston on Saturday May 14th, 2021
- Freddie Gillespie starting for Raptors on Friday in place of injured Yuta Watanabe (ankle) May 14th, 2021
- Luke Kennard starting for Clippers Friday in place of resting Paul George May 14th, 2021
- Cam Johnson (wrist) out for Suns on Saturday May 14th, 2021
- Suns' Deandre Ayton (knee) questionable on Saturday May 14th, 2021
- Dario Saric starting for Suns Thursday in place of injured Deandre Ayton May 13th, 2021
- Deandre Ayton (knee) missing first game of season for Suns Thursday May 13th, 2021
- Deandre Ayton (knee) now questionable Thursday for Suns May 13th, 2021
- Cam Johnson (wrist) remains out for Phoenix Thursday May 12th, 2021