Elfrid Payton (ankle) replacing Dennis Smith Jr. in Knicks' lineup Wednesday
New York Knicks point guard Elfrid Payton (ankle) is starting on Wednesday against the Charlotte Hornets.
Payton will replace Dennis Smith Jr. in the starting lineup after sitting out the first two games after the All-Star break. Frank Ntilikina (groin) has been ruled out again, so Smith should see most of the backup work at point guard. Payton has scored double-digit points in seven straight games, with averages of 14.0 points, 6.9 rebounds, 9.4 assists, and 2.9 steals on a 46.9 field goal percentage in that span.
numberFire's models expect Payton to score 30.9 FanDuel points on Wednesday. He's priced at $7,300. Per our NBA Heat Map, the Knicks-Hornets game has the lowest over/under on the nine-game slate (207.5 points).
- Jazz's Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell medically cleared from COVID-19 March 27th, 2020
- Detroit's Christian Wood reportedly cleared from coronavirus on Wednesday night March 26th, 2020
- Warriors' Klay Thompson participating in drills March 22nd, 2020
- Kevin Durant, 3 other Nets test positive for coronavirus March 17th, 2020
- NBA (COVID-19) best-case for return is reportedly mid-June March 16th, 2020
- Pistons' Christian Wood tests positive for coronavirus March 15th, 2020
- NBA suspension to likely last over 2 weeks March 12th, 2020
- Knicks' Dennis Smith Jr. cleared from concussion March 10th, 2020
- Mitchell Robinson (illness) questionable Tuesday for Knicks March 10th, 2020
- Pistons' Brandon Knight will come off the bench Sunday with a minutes limit March 8th, 2020
- Dennis Smith (concussion) remains out for Knicks on Sunday March 8th, 2020
- Frank Ntilikina (ankle) questionable to return for Knicks on Friday March 6th, 2020