Dennis Smith Jr. turns in a gem as Knicks' starter
New York Knicks point guard Dennis Smith Jr. scored 15 points (5-of-12 field goals, 4-of-5 free throws) with 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals, 1 3-pointer, and 3 turnovers in 29.4 minutes of a 123-112 loss to the Houston Rockets on Monday.
Elfrid Payton (ankle) and Frank Ntilikina (groin) were both sidelined, so Smith stepped in with his best game of the season. The steals set a new career-high and the rebounds represent a new season-high. Smith may be in line for another start on Wednesday versus the Charlotte Hornets if Payton remains out.
DSJ scored a season-high 48.9 FanDuel points on Monday. He's averaging only 14.4 FanDuel points through 32 games this season.
- Jazz's Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell medically cleared from COVID-19 March 27th, 2020
- Detroit's Christian Wood reportedly cleared from coronavirus on Wednesday night March 26th, 2020
- Warriors' Klay Thompson participating in drills March 22nd, 2020
- Kevin Durant, 3 other Nets test positive for coronavirus March 17th, 2020
- NBA (COVID-19) best-case for return is reportedly mid-June March 16th, 2020
- Pistons' Christian Wood tests positive for coronavirus March 15th, 2020
- NBA suspension to likely last over 2 weeks March 12th, 2020
- Knicks' Dennis Smith Jr. cleared from concussion March 10th, 2020
- Mitchell Robinson (illness) questionable Tuesday for Knicks March 10th, 2020
- Pistons' Brandon Knight will come off the bench Sunday with a minutes limit March 8th, 2020
- Dennis Smith (concussion) remains out for Knicks on Sunday March 8th, 2020
- Frank Ntilikina (ankle) questionable to return for Knicks on Friday March 6th, 2020