Shams: Pistons, Markieff Morris agree to buyout Friday
Forward/center Markieff Morris has agreed to a contract buyout with the Detroit Pistons, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Point guard Reggie Jackson agreed to a buyout with the team earlier this week, and it seems as though the Pistons are eager to unload their expensive veterans. The transaction means Morris becomes an unrestricted free agent, which would allow him to potentially sign with a contender as the playoff stretch nears.
In 44 games this season, Morris has averaged 11.0 points, 3.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 19.0 FanDuel points.
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Suns reportedly acquire Landry Shamet in trade with Nets July 29th, 2021
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Andre Drummond coming off Lakers' bench Thursday night June 3rd, 2021
- Anthony Davis (groin) starting for Lakers Thursday; Markieff Morris to bench June 3rd, 2021
- Marc Gasol officially starting for Lakers in Game 6 Thursday; Andre Drummond to bench June 3rd, 2021
- Haynes: Anthony Davis (groin) cleared to play for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021
- Shams: Marc Gasol expected to start in front of Andre Drummond for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (knee) will suit up for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021