Shams: Pistons, Markieff Morris agree to buyout Friday
Forward/center Markieff Morris has agreed to a contract buyout with the Detroit Pistons, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Point guard Reggie Jackson agreed to a buyout with the team earlier this week, and it seems as though the Pistons are eager to unload their expensive veterans. The transaction means Morris becomes an unrestricted free agent, which would allow him to potentially sign with a contender as the playoff stretch nears.
In 44 games this season, Morris has averaged 11.0 points, 3.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 19.0 FanDuel points.
- Jon Leuer retires after 8 seasons May 25th, 2020
- Portland's Rodney Hood (Achilles) not ready to return May 23rd, 2020
- Utah's Mike Conley 'will be asked to score and create more' May 19th, 2020
- Jazz's Bojan Bogdanovic undergoing wrist surgery May 18th, 2020
- Detroit's Blake Griffin (knee) 'ready to get back to playing' May 12th, 2020
- Berman: Knicks unsure if Kevin Knox 'is part of their future' April 18th, 2020
- Lakers' Dwight Howard (illness) will play on Thursday March 11th, 2020
- Lakers' LeBron James (groin) upgraded to probable on Tuesday March 10th, 2020
- Lakers' Dwight Howard (illness) out for Tuesday's matchup against Brooklyn March 10th, 2020
- LeBron James (groin) plans to play for Lakers against Nets March 10th, 2020
- LeBron James (groin) questionable for Lakers on Tuesday March 10th, 2020
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (elbow) probable for Tuesday March 9th, 2020