Gordon Hayward ruled out for Celtics on Friday due to 'number of nagging things'
Boston Celtics guard/forward Gordon Hayward (left foot soreness) will not play in Friday's game against the Atlanta Hawks.
Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said Hayward needs a night off due to "a number of nagging things," though the official description is for left foot soreness. Jaylen Brown (right ankle sprain) is also sidelined, so look for Semi Ojeleye and Marcus Smart to enter the starting lineup. Javonte Green and Romeo Langford should also see additional opportunity.
Per numberFire's NBA Heat Map, the Celtics have the highest implied total on Friday's eight-game slate (121.5 points).
- Jon Leuer retires after 8 seasons May 25th, 2020
- Portland's Rodney Hood (Achilles) not ready to return May 23rd, 2020
- Utah's Mike Conley 'will be asked to score and create more' May 19th, 2020
- Jazz's Bojan Bogdanovic undergoing wrist surgery May 18th, 2020
- Detroit's Blake Griffin (knee) 'ready to get back to playing' May 12th, 2020
- Berman: Knicks unsure if Kevin Knox 'is part of their future' April 18th, 2020
- NBA suspension to likely last over 2 weeks March 12th, 2020
- Kemba Walker (knee) playing 30-32 minutes for Celtics on Tuesday March 10th, 2020
- Celtics' Robert Williams (back) probable for Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Jaylen Brown (hamstring) remaining out for Celtics on Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Celtics' Semi Ojeleye back to the bench for Sunday night March 8th, 2020
- Gordon Hayward starting for Celtics on Sunday, Semi Ojeleye coming off the bench March 8th, 2020