Pelicans' Zion Williamson scores 22 with 7 boards over 18 minutes in debut
New Orleans Pelicans small forward Zion Williamson scored 22 points (8-of-11 field goals, 2-of-4 free throws) with 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 3-pointers, and 5 turnovers in 18.3 minutes of a 121-117 loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday.
Williamson turned it all the way up in the fourth quarter after recording just 5 points with 4 turnovers over the first three frames. He ripped off 17 straight points in the fourth, including all 4 of his triples. The top overall pick never made more than 3 3-pointers in any game at Duke. Williamson will be on a minutes limit again on Friday against the Denver Nuggets.
Zion scored 29.9 FanDuel points on Wednesday. numberFire's models project him for 11.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 0.9 steals, and 1.4 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Philadelphia's Raul Neto starting Thursday in place of injured Ben Simmons February 20th, 2020
- Terry Rozier (knee) starting for Charlotte Thursday; Caleb Martin to bench February 20th, 2020
- Cody Zeller starting for Charlotte Thursday; Bismack Biyombo to bench February 20th, 2020
- Ryan Arcidiacono starting for Chicago Thursday in place of injured Chandler Hutchison February 20th, 2020
- Update: Pistons' Svi Mykhailiuk draws last-second start over Bruce Brown Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Jae Crowder starting for Miami Thursday; Derrick Jones Jr. to bench February 20th, 2020
- Zion Williamson raises career-high to 32 points in Pelicans' loss February 14th, 2020
- Pelicans' Brandon Ingram (ankle) sidelined again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) a GTD for Pelicans again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) questionable for Pelicans on Thursday February 12th, 2020
- Zion Williamson scores career-high 31, Pelicans trounce Trail Blazers February 12th, 2020
- Nicolo Melli playing with Pelicans' second unit on Tuesday February 11th, 2020