Westbrook expected to sit out half of Rockets back-to-back
Houston Rockets point guard Russell Westbrook is expected to sit out part of the upcoming Friday-Saturday, back-to-back set, per Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.
Westbrook will likely play at home against the Indiana Pacers on Friday and then sit out Saturday's road matchup with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Austin Rivers will be a candidate to replace Westbrook in the starting lineup.
Russ is averaging 43.8 FanDuel points in 10 games this season. numberFire's models project him for 21.9 points, 10.5 rebounds, 8.6 assists, 1.8 steals, and 1.8 3-pointers per game over the rest of the season.
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (ankle) questionable for Saturday's Game 5 matchup against Denver September 25th, 2020
- JaVale McGee coming off Lakers' bench with Dwight Howard starting in Thursday's Game 4 lineup September 24th, 2020
- Lakers starting Dwight Howard in Thursday's Game 4 lineup against Nuggets, JaVale McGee to bench September 24th, 2020
- Celtics' Gordon Hayward (ankle) available for Game 3 against Miami on Saturday September 19th, 2020
- Celtics: "significant optimism" Gordon Hayward (ankle) will be active for Game 3 on Saturday September 19th, 2020
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (back) available for Friday's Game 1 matchup against Nuggets September 18th, 2020
- Rockets' Danuel House Jr. out for the season following violation of bubble protocols September 11th, 2020
- Rockets' Danuel House Jr. (personal) out again for Game 5 on Saturday September 11th, 2020
- Rockets' Danuel House (personal) ruled out on Tuesday September 8th, 2020
- Rockets' Danuel House Jr. (head) will not return to Game 1 on Friday September 4th, 2020
- Rockets' Russell Westbrook (quad) to be limited to 25-30 minutes Monday August 31st, 2020
- Danuel House coming off Houston's bench with Russell Westbook (quad) starting on Saturday August 29th, 2020