Chris Paul headed to Oklahoma City in blockbuster deal
Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul has been traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Russell Westbrook. The teams will also exchange picks.
Tensions between Paul and star James Harden were reported a month ago, and speculation about a possible trade has been brewing ever since. With Paul George's exit from Oklahoma City making Westbrook expendable, it was a natural trade fit. The Rockets are giving up their first round picks in 2024 and 2026, and the Thunder will have the option of swapping selections in 2021 and 2025.
In 58 regular season games last season, Paul averaged 15.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 8.2 assists and 37.6 FanDuel points per game.
- The Athletic: Sixers will likely include Shake Milton in starting lineup May 30th, 2020
- Jon Leuer retires after 8 seasons May 25th, 2020
- Portland's Rodney Hood (Achilles) not ready to return May 23rd, 2020
- Utah's Mike Conley 'will be asked to score and create more' May 19th, 2020
- Jazz's Bojan Bogdanovic undergoing wrist surgery May 18th, 2020
- Detroit's Blake Griffin (knee) 'ready to get back to playing' May 12th, 2020
- Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City Thunder postponed on Wednesday due to illness concerns March 11th, 2020
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander starting for Thunder on Wednesday, Terrance Ferguson coming off the bench March 11th, 2020
- Terrance Ferguson coming off Thunder's bench Wednesday March 11th, 2020
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (hip) available for Thunder on Wednesday March 11th, 2020
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (hip) expected back for Thunder on Wednesday March 10th, 2020
- Thunder's Terrance Ferguson filling in for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (hip) Sunday March 8th, 2020