Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul, picks
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook has been shipped to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Chris Paul and a number of picks.
The blockbuster was reported Thursday night, and the superstar point guards will be exchanged. After Paul George was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers last week, there were reports of Westbrook being moved as well. The Rockets are giving up their first round picks in 2024 and 2026, and the Thunder will have the option of swapping selections in 2021 and 2025.
In 73 regular season games last season, Westbrook averaged 22.9 points, 11.1 rebounds, 10.7 assists and 54.7 FanDuel points per game.
- The Athletic: Sixers will likely include Shake Milton in starting lineup May 30th, 2020
- Jon Leuer retires after 8 seasons May 25th, 2020
- Portland's Rodney Hood (Achilles) not ready to return May 23rd, 2020
- Utah's Mike Conley 'will be asked to score and create more' May 19th, 2020
- Jazz's Bojan Bogdanovic undergoing wrist surgery May 18th, 2020
- Detroit's Blake Griffin (knee) 'ready to get back to playing' May 12th, 2020
- NBA reportedly approves 22-team restart June 4th, 2020
- NBA expected to resume July 31 with 22 teams June 3rd, 2020
- Houston's Ben McLemore (illness) available for Tuesday's game against Timberwolves March 10th, 2020
- Houston's Eric Gordon (knee) available for Tuesday's matchup against Minnesota March 10th, 2020
- Eric Gordon (knee) questionable for Rockets on Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Ben McLemore (illness) ruled out late for Rockets on Sunday March 8th, 2020