Washington's Dwight Howard traded to Memphis for C.J. Miles
The Washington Wizards have traded center Dwight Howard to the Memphis Grizzlies for forward C.J. Miles, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Howard is expected to be waived or traded by Memphis as they continue to try to get under the salary cap for the 2019-20 season. The veteran big man should find plenty of suitors as a backup big if he becomes a free agent.
Howard played in just 9 games last season, averaging 12.9 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 0.4 blocks per game.
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum (illness) ruled out Tuesday October 14th, 2019
- Suns' Dario Saric (quad) questionable for Monday October 14th, 2019
- Grizzlies' Jonas Valanciunas hoping to play in opener October 14th, 2019
- Clippers' Patrick Beverley tweaks calf in preseason win October 14th, 2019
- Bucks' Eric Bledsoe reportedly sidelined 2-3 weeks with small rib fracture October 11th, 2019
- Warriors' Willie Cauley-Stein (foot) will not play in October September 30th, 2019
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma (foot) cleared for non-contact practice October 14th, 2019
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (thumb) reportedly dealing with a Grade 1 sprain October 12th, 2019
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (thumb) exits Saturday's game October 12th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins says quad is 100% healthy July 11th, 2019
- Lakers reportedly plan to start LeBron James at point guard July 8th, 2019