Report: Heat, 76ers seeking third team to complete Jimmy Butler trade
The Miami Heat and Philadelphia 76ers are searching for a new third team to help complete a sign-and-trade deal for guard/forward Jimmy Butler, reports The New York Times' Marc Stein.
The Dallas Mavericks were initially the third team, but the deal apparently fell apart Sunday night because the Heat were unwilling to part with Derrick Jones Jr., per Stein. Goran Dragic will likely need to be included in the deal to create enough cap space for Butler.
Butler averaged 18.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.9 steals, 0.6 blocks, and 1.0 3-pointers in 65 games between the 76ers and Minnesota Timberwolves last season.
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (shoulder) available for Sunday's matchup against Atlanta November 17th, 2019
- Pelicans' Jaxson Hayes starting for injured Derrick Favors (back) on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Golden State's Alec Burks starting for inactive D'Angelo Russell on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Pelicans' J.J. Redick (toe) will play in Sunday's matchup against Golden State November 17th, 2019
- New Orleans' Frank Jackson (neck) ruled out on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- New Orleans' Brandon Ingram (knee) inactive on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Jimmy Butler (illness) starting for Miami on Saturday November 16th, 2019
- Miami's Goran Dragic (illness) will not play on Saturday November 16th, 2019
- Tyler Herro (ankle) available for Heat versus Cavaliers November 14th, 2019
- Goran Dragic (illness) playing for Heat on Thursday November 14th, 2019
- Tyler Herro (ankle) questionable for Heat on Thursday November 13th, 2019
- Heat's Derrick Jones Jr. (hip) ruled out Thursday November 13th, 2019