Report: Lakers deal contracts and pick to Wizards, clear space for max offer
The Los Angeles Lakers are trading Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, Jemerrio Jones, and a 2022 second-round pick to the Washington Wizards as part of the Anthony Davis deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
The Wizards are sending cash to the Pelicans to complete the deal. Davis is also waiving his $4 million trade kicker, giving the Lakers $32 million in cap space -- enough to sign a third max player. Woj adds that the Wizards had draft interest in Wagner, so he could see opportunity in Washington.
Wagner averaged 10.4 minutes in 43 games for the Lakers as a rookie, highlighted by 22 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 1 triple in 34.1 minutes on March 9.
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown (right thumb) hopeful for Monday January 20th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Robin Lopez (illness) doubtful on Monday January 19th, 2020
- Thunder's Terrance Ferguson (personal) out for Monday's game against Houston January 19th, 2020
- Draymond Green (finger) not listed on Golden State's injury report for Monday's matchup against Portland January 19th, 2020
- Suns' Aron Baynes (hip) doubtful on Monday January 19th, 2020
- Phoenix's Kelly Oubre (concussion) probable for Monday's game against Spurs January 19th, 2020
- Jordan McRae (ankle) will not return for Wizards on Friday January 17th, 2020
- Gary Payton II coming off the bench for Wizards on Friday January 17th, 2020
- Isaac Bonga starting for Wizards on Friday; Gary Payton II to bench January 17th, 2020
- Isaac Bonga coming off the bench for Wizards on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Thomas Bryant starting for Washington on Wednesday; Isaac Bonga to bench January 15th, 2020
- Wizards' Bradley Beal (shoulder) will play on Wednesday January 15th, 2020