Report: Kevin Durant likely tore Achilles in Warriors' win
The Golden State Warriors believe forward Kevin Durant’s MRI on Tuesday will confirm a torn right Achilles’ tendon, reports ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowski.
Durant suffered the injury Monday in his first game back from a month-long absence for a calf injury. If Tuesday's MRI confirms the Warriors' fears, Durant could miss the majority of the 2019-2020 season. He turns 31 in September.
Durant scored 11 points (3-of-5 field goals, 2-of-2 free throws) with 3 3-pointers, 2 rebounds, 1 block, and 1 turnover in 12.0 minutes on Monday before leaving.
- Philadelphia's Ben Simmons signs a five-year extension on Monday July 15th, 2019
- Tyson Chandler signs a one-year contract with the Rockets July 12th, 2019
- Chris Paul headed to Oklahoma City in blockbuster deal July 11th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul, picks July 11th, 2019
- Mark Cuban says Dallas will 'load manage' Kristaps Porzingis July 11th, 2019
- Coby White will be brought along slowly, Bulls say July 11th, 2019
- Golden State reportedly acquires Omari Spellman on Monday July 8th, 2019
- Alec Burks signs a one-year contract with the Warriors July 8th, 2019
- Glenn Robinson III reportedly agrees to a two-year deal with the Warriors July 2nd, 2019
- Willie Cauley-Stein reportedly will sign with Golden State July 2nd, 2019
- Kevon Looney reportedly re-signs with Warriors July 1st, 2019
- Warriors reportedly trade Andre Iguodala to Memphis to clear cap space July 1st, 2019