Raptors reportedly acquiring Marc Gasol from Grizzlies for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, C.J. Miles
The Toronto Raptors are acquiring center Marc Gasol from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for center Jonas Valanciunas, point guard Delon Wright, guard/forward C.J. Miles, and a 2024 second-round pick, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Gasol was expected to be dealt to the Charlotte Hornets, but he will instead take over as the Raptors' starting center. Serge Ibaka figures to see a reduced role with Gasol now in the frontcourt. He turned 34 last month.
Gasol averaged 37.8 FanDuel points over 53 games for the Grizzlies this season, with 15.7 points, 8.6 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.1 steals, 1.2 blocks, and 1.4 triples per contest.
- Kawhi Leonard drops 33-point triple-double in Clippers' win over Heat January 24th, 2020
- Russell Westbrook notches 45-point double-double in Rockets' win January 24th, 2020
- Nikola Jokic records 27-point double-double in Nuggets' win over Pelicans January 24th, 2020
- Alex Len (hip) will not return for Hawks on Friday January 24th, 2020
- Kemba Walker scores 37 points, dishes out 6 assists in Celtics' win over Magic January 24th, 2020
- T.J. McConnell starting for Pacers on Friday in place of injured Malcolm Brogdon January 24th, 2020
- Raptors' Patrick McCaw (face) won't return on Wednesday night January 22nd, 2020
- Fred VanVleet (hamstring) starting for Raptors on Saturday, Serge Ibaka coming off the bench January 18th, 2020
- Serge Ibaka coming off Toronto's bench with Fred VanVleet starting on Saturday January 18th, 2020
- Fred VanVleet (hamstring) available for Raptors on Saturday January 18th, 2020
- Raptors' Fred VanVleet (hamstring) listed as questionable for Saturday January 18th, 2020
- Raptors' Norman Powell scores 28 points off the bench on Friday January 18th, 2020