James Johnson rounds out box score as Heat win in Portland
Miami Heat forward James Johnson scored 15 points (6-of-11 field goals, 2-of-2 free throws) with 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 1 3-pointer, and 2 turnovers in 26.7 minutes of a 118-108 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday.
Johnson was replaced by Kelly Olynyk in the starting lineup, but that didn't prevent him from turning in one of his best lines of the season, as he set a season-high in blocks and reached his season-best in steals for the fifth time. The 31-year-old had scored in single digits in six of the previous seven games, hadn't blocked anything in the previous four, and failed to record a steal in the previous two outings. He only logged 11.3 minutes in the previous contest, so it's not clear what type of role Johnson will play on Friday in Sacramento against the Kings.
Johnson scored a season-high 39.7 FanDuel points in the win. He's averaging 17.0 FanDuel points through 36 games overall.
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown (right thumb) will play Monday January 20th, 2020
- Anthony Davis (bruised tailbone) will play for the Lakers on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Wizards' Jordan McRae (left ankle) will play Monday January 20th, 2020
- Robin Lopez (illness) ruled out for Bucks on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Thomas Bryant coming off the bench for Wizards on Monday January 20th, 2020
- Gary Payton II starting for Wizards on Monday, Thomas Bryant coming off the bench January 20th, 2020
- Miami's Tyler Herro (knee) active on Sunday January 19th, 2020
- Bam Adebayo scores 21 points for Miami Friday January 18th, 2020
- Tyler Herro (knee) ruled out for Heat on Friday January 17th, 2020
- Tyler Herro (knee) a GTD for Heat on Friday January 17th, 2020
- Justise Winslow (back) out for Heat at least 2 more weeks January 17th, 2020
- Heat's Tyler Herro (knee) questionable for Friday night January 16th, 2020