Russell Westbrook triple-doubles with career-high 24 assists in Thunder loss
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook scored 24 points (11-of-22 field goals, 2-of-5 free throws) with 13 rebounds, a career-high 24 assists, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers in 49.6 minutes of a 154-147 double-overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday.
This is the second 20-point, 20-assist triple-double of Westbrook's career, while no other player has accomplished the feat even once since the turn of the century. The assists are tied for the most in a triple-double in NBA history and the most in a game since Rajon Rondo handed out 25 helpers in 2017. Westbrook is averaging a trip-dub on the year and leads the league in assists and steals. Not too shabby. The Thunder will welcome the Spurs to Oklahoma City on Saturday.
Westbrook set a new season-high with 78.6 FanDuel points in the loss. He's averaging 54.3 FanDuel points through 33 games this season.
- Fred VanVleet provides 19 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists in Raptors' win January 23rd, 2019
- Timberwolves' Josh Okogie scores career-high 21 in victory January 23rd, 2019
- Bogdan Bogdanovic submits 16 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals in Kings' loss January 23rd, 2019
- Damian Lillard posts 34 points, 5 boards, 8 dimes, 5 steals for Trail Blazers January 23rd, 2019
- Josh Jackson scores season-high 27 points in Suns' loss January 23rd, 2019
- Marvin Bagley scores career-high 22 points for Kings in first start January 23rd, 2019
- Paul George scores 36, stuffs stat sheet in Thunder win January 23rd, 2019
- Patrick Patterson (nose) available to play Tuesday for the Thunder January 22nd, 2019
- Paul George goes for 27 points, 7 boards, 8 dimes, 5 treys in Thunder loss January 18th, 2019
- Jerami Grant has 21 points with 3 steals, 2 swats in Thunder loss January 16th, 2019
- Dennis Schroder scores 21, Thunder lose in Atlanta January 16th, 2019
- Paul George scores 24 with 8 steals in ugly Thunder loss January 16th, 2019