Wizards' Dwight Howard (glute) reportedly undergoing surgery, expected to miss 2 months
Washington Wizards forward/center Dwight Howard will undergo a surgical procedure to alleviate pain from a gluteal injury and is expected to be sidelined up to 2 months, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Howard last played on November 18. Thomas Bryant has started each game at center, but Markieff Morris has proven to be the biggest beneficiary from Howard's absence. The Wizards visit the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday.
Dwight is averaging 26.4 FanDuel points through nine games, with 12.8 points and 9.2 rebounds per contest.
- Brandon Ingram reportedly traded to the Pelicans on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Josh Hart reportedly headed to New Orleans in multi-player trade with Lakers June 15th, 2019
- Pelicans reportedly acquire Lonzo Ball in blockbuster trade with Lakers on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Lakers reportedly acquire Anthony Davis from the Pelicans on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Knicks exercise Allonzo Trier's team option June 15th, 2019
- Warriors expect Klay Thompson (knee) to miss 9-10 months June 15th, 2019
- Jordan McRae (Achilles) out on Tuesday for Wizards April 9th, 2019
- Washington's Jabari Parker (knee) will not play in Sunday's game against the Knicks April 7th, 2019
- Jabari Parker (knee) out on Friday for Washington April 4th, 2019
- Jeff Green (rest) out on Wednesday for Wizards April 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' Trevor Ariza (groin) out on Wednesday, likely won't return this season April 2nd, 2019
- Wizards' Troy Brown Jr. scores career-high 24 points Sunday April 1st, 2019