Mariners designate Willie Bloomquist for assignment
Willie Bloomquist was designated for assignment by the Mariners. In a corresponding move, the Mariners will call up infielder Chris Taylor from Triple-A.
The Mariners cut ties with Bloomquist, who had an awful -1.26 nERD and .169 wOBA in 72 plate appearances. Chris Taylor figures to be an improvement. He was slashing a solid .289/.365/.407 in Triple-A this year.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Dan Vogelbach returns to Seattle's lineup on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Seattle's Omar Narvaez catching on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Dee Gordon starting at second base on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith in center field on Saturday September 28th, 2019