Cubs' Brandon Morrow placed on disabled list with biceps inflammation
The Chicago Cubs placed reliever Brandon Morrow on the 10-day disabled list, retroactive to July 16, with right biceps inflammation.
Morrow also landed on the DL last month after injuring his lower back while putting on pants. The Cubs activated reliever Anthony Bass from the 10-day DL in a corresponding roster move but ninth-inning duties will likely fall to the likes of Steve Cishek, Carl Edwards, and Pedro Strop while Morrow is out.
Morrow averaged 4.8 FanDuel points per outing and converted on 22-of-24 save chances for the Cubs in the first half. He owns a 1.47 ERA with 31 strikeouts and 9 walks across 30 2/3 innings.
- Christian Walker sitting for Arizona against Giants September 28th, 2021
- Colin Moran starting for Pirates on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Yonathan Daza in right field for Rockies on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Garrett Hampson batting leadoff for Rockies on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Ke'Bryan Hayes sitting Tuesday for Pittsburgh September 28th, 2021
- Diamondbacks' Henry Ramos sitting Tuesday night September 28th, 2021
- Willson Contreras on Cubs' bench Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Matt Duffy sitting for Chicago on Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Rafael Ortega starting for Cubs Sunday afternoon September 26th, 2021
- Trayce Thompson sitting for Cubs Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Nick Martini starting for Cubs Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Patrick Wisdom (wrist) scratched Sunday; Matt Duffy back in for Cubs September 26th, 2021