Kelvin Herrera to assume closing duties for Nationals
Washington Nationals relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera will fill in at closer while Sean Doolittle (toe) is on the disabled list.
Doolittle is expected back soon after the All-Star break, so this will be a very brief return to the door-slamming role for Herrera. The right-hander has put up a 1.89 ERA, 22.7 percent strikeout rate, and 3.9 percent walk rate in 33 1/3 innings this season between Kansas City and Washington.
Our models project Herrera to finish out the year with a 3.52 ERA, 24.6 percent strikeout rate, and 7.0 percent walk rate in 28 more innings pitched.
- Mariners send James Paxton to Yankees for 3 minor leaguers November 19th, 2018
- Kike Hernandez starting in center field for Dodgers on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Dodgers' Cody Bellinger not starting in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Austin Barnes starting for Dodgers in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Matt Wieters out of the Nationals' lineup against Colorado September 30th, 2018
- Adam Eaton out of the Nationals' lineup September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Wilmer Difo out on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Spencer Kieboom catching against the Rockies September 30th, 2018
- Nationals' Adrian Sanchez starting in Colorado September 30th, 2018
- Victor Robles starting for the Nationals on Sunday September 30th, 2018