Kelvin Herrera to assume closing duties for Nationals
Washington Nationals relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera will fill in at closer while Sean Doolittle (toe) is on the disabled list.
Doolittle is expected back soon after the All-Star break, so this will be a very brief return to the door-slamming role for Herrera. The right-hander has put up a 1.89 ERA, 22.7 percent strikeout rate, and 3.9 percent walk rate in 33 1/3 innings this season between Kansas City and Washington.
Our models project Herrera to finish out the year with a 3.52 ERA, 24.6 percent strikeout rate, and 7.0 percent walk rate in 28 more innings pitched.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Matt Wieters out of the Nationals' lineup against Colorado September 30th, 2018
- Adam Eaton out of the Nationals' lineup September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Wilmer Difo out on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Spencer Kieboom catching against the Rockies September 30th, 2018
- Nationals' Adrian Sanchez starting in Colorado September 30th, 2018