Kelvin Herrera to assume closing duties for Nationals
Washington Nationals relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera will fill in at closer while Sean Doolittle (toe) is on the disabled list.
Doolittle is expected back soon after the All-Star break, so this will be a very brief return to the door-slamming role for Herrera. The right-hander has put up a 1.89 ERA, 22.7 percent strikeout rate, and 3.9 percent walk rate in 33 1/3 innings this season between Kansas City and Washington.
Our models project Herrera to finish out the year with a 3.52 ERA, 24.6 percent strikeout rate, and 7.0 percent walk rate in 28 more innings pitched.
- Angels' Luis Rengifo making major league debut Thursday April 25th, 2019
- Kole Calhoun leading off Thursday night for Angels April 25th, 2019
- Kevan Smith sitting for Angels in Thursday's finale April 25th, 2019
- Albert Pujols on Angels' bench Thursday night April 25th, 2019
- Peter Bourjos on first base for Angels versus Yankees April 25th, 2019
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa catching for the Rangers on Thursday April 25th, 2019
- Yonder Alonso on White Sox's bench against Baltimore April 24th, 2019
- Nick Delmonico out of White Sox's Wednesday lineup April 24th, 2019
- Yolmer Sanchez sitting for White Sox versus Orioles April 24th, 2019
- Leury Garcia back in action for White Sox in Wednesday's finale April 24th, 2019
- James McCann starting for White Sox Wednesday April 24th, 2019
- Jose Rondon in White Sox's lineup Wednesday April 24th, 2019