Shelby Miller (elbow) could rejoin Diamondbacks' rotation on Monday
Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Shelby Miller (elbow) is likely to join the Diamondbacks' rotation on Monday against the Miami Marlins.
The D-backs optioned pitcher Matt Koch back to Triple-A, and they recalled pitcher Jake Barrett for the weekend. That means Miller could be in line to be activated from the disabled list on Monday to make his first start since 2017 after undergoing Tommy John Surgery. He has put up a 4.66 ERA in four rehab starts, and he has 28 strikeouts over 19.1 innings in the minors.
Our models project Miller for a 4.85 ERA and 1.48 WHIP with 56 strikeouts over 70.5 innings remaining this season.
- Matt Carpenter goes off for 3 HR, 2 2B, and 7 RBI in Cardinals' win July 20th, 2018
- Mariners' David Freitas on bench Friday July 20th, 2018
- Chris Herrmann starting for Seattle on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Kyle Tucker starting for Astros in Friday's opener July 20th, 2018
- Nelson Cruz in Mariners' lineup versus White Sox July 20th, 2018
- Pirates-Reds start will be pushed back by rain on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Nick Ahmed in the lineup against the Rockies July 20th, 2018
- Daniel Descalso out of the Diamondbacks' lineup on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Arizona's Jon Jay out against Colorado July 20th, 2018
- Steven Souza starting for Arizona on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Shelby Miller avoids further elbow damage July 20th, 2018
- Alex Avila starting on Sunday for Arizona July 15th, 2018