Shelby Miller (elbow) could rejoin Diamondbacks' rotation on Monday
Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Shelby Miller (elbow) is likely to join the Diamondbacks' rotation on Monday against the Miami Marlins.
The D-backs optioned pitcher Matt Koch back to Triple-A, and they recalled pitcher Jake Barrett for the weekend. That means Miller could be in line to be activated from the disabled list on Monday to make his first start since 2017 after undergoing Tommy John Surgery. He has put up a 4.66 ERA in four rehab starts, and he has 28 strikeouts over 19.1 innings in the minors.
Our models project Miller for a 4.85 ERA and 1.48 WHIP with 56 strikeouts over 70.5 innings remaining this season.
- Greg Holland anointed Arizona's closer on Sunday March 24th, 2019
- Cleveland's Jose Ramirez diagnosed with left knee contusion March 24th, 2019
- Kyle Freeland will be Rockies' Opening Day starter March 24th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Yandy Diaz will start at third base on Opening Day March 24th, 2019
- Padres' Eric Lauer will start on Opening Day March 24th, 2019
- Ronald Acuna to clean up for Braves in 2019 March 24th, 2019
- Rangers' Jason Hammel announces retirement March 23rd, 2019
- Jose Leclerc extends with Rangers through 2022 March 6th, 2019
- Rangers' Mike Minor will not face any innings or pitch restrictions in 2019 February 26th, 2019
- Drew Robinson in Ranger's Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Willie Calhoun starting in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Ronald Guzman starting at first base on Sunday September 30th, 2018