Shelby Miller (elbow) could rejoin Diamondbacks' rotation on Monday
Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Shelby Miller (elbow) is likely to join the Diamondbacks' rotation on Monday against the Miami Marlins.
The D-backs optioned pitcher Matt Koch back to Triple-A, and they recalled pitcher Jake Barrett for the weekend. That means Miller could be in line to be activated from the disabled list on Monday to make his first start since 2017 after undergoing Tommy John Surgery. He has put up a 4.66 ERA in four rehab starts, and he has 28 strikeouts over 19.1 innings in the minors.
Our models project Miller for a 4.85 ERA and 1.48 WHIP with 56 strikeouts over 70.5 innings remaining this season.
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Orioles' Trey Mancini (cancer) expects to miss season April 28th, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser says exit was precautionary March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Luis Urias (wrist) participating in batting practice March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser leaves early with 'discomfort' March 2nd, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Josh Hader blows save, Brewers knocked out by Nationals October 2nd, 2019