Royals trade closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals for three minor leaguers
The Kansas City Royals have traded relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera to the Washington Nationals in exchange for minor leaguers Kelvin Gutierrez, Blake Perkins, and Yohanse Morel, per Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post.
Herrera moves to a crowded bullpen in Washington with Sean Doolittle currently acting as the team's closer. With no word of how Herrera will exactly be used, his fantasy value takes a hit as he will likely cede some save chances to Doolittle. Kevin McCarthy is expected to see take over the closer duties in Kansas City with Herrera out of the picture.
Herrera has a 1.05 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 22 strikeouts, and 14 saves in 25 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Giants-Pirates game on Friday expected to start at 8:30 pm ET April 19th, 2019
- Diamondbacks acquire Blake Swihart on Friday April 19th, 2019
- Jacob deGrom (elbow) placed on the 10-day IL by New York April 19th, 2019
- The start of the Giants-Pirates game on Friday delayed due to rain April 19th, 2019
- Tyler Chatwood to start for the Cubs on Sunday April 19th, 2019
- Logan Morrison signed to a minor league contract by Yankees April 19th, 2019
- Adam Engel in Chicago's Friday lineup April 19th, 2019
- James McCann starting on Friday for Chicago April 19th, 2019
- Welington Castillo not in Chicago's Friday lineup April 19th, 2019
- White Sox' Tim Anderson suspended one game for Thursday incident April 19th, 2019
- James McCann out of White Sox's Thursday lineup April 18th, 2019
- White Sox's Ryan Cordell called up, starting against Tigers April 18th, 2019