Royals trade closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals for three minor leaguers
The Kansas City Royals have traded relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera to the Washington Nationals in exchange for minor leaguers Kelvin Gutierrez, Blake Perkins, and Yohanse Morel, per Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post.
Herrera moves to a crowded bullpen in Washington with Sean Doolittle currently acting as the team's closer. With no word of how Herrera will exactly be used, his fantasy value takes a hit as he will likely cede some save chances to Doolittle. Kevin McCarthy is expected to see take over the closer duties in Kansas City with Herrera out of the picture.
Herrera has a 1.05 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 22 strikeouts, and 14 saves in 25 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Kike Hernandez starting in center field for Dodgers on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Dodgers' Cody Bellinger not starting in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Austin Barnes starting for Dodgers in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- David Freese starting for Los Angeles in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Matt Wieters out of the Nationals' lineup against Colorado September 30th, 2018
- Adam Eaton out of the Nationals' lineup September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Wilmer Difo out on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Spencer Kieboom catching against the Rockies September 30th, 2018
- Nationals' Adrian Sanchez starting in Colorado September 30th, 2018
- Victor Robles starting for the Nationals on Sunday September 30th, 2018