Royals trade closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals for three minor leaguers
The Kansas City Royals have traded relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera to the Washington Nationals in exchange for minor leaguers Kelvin Gutierrez, Blake Perkins, and Yohanse Morel, per Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post.
Herrera moves to a crowded bullpen in Washington with Sean Doolittle currently acting as the team's closer. With no word of how Herrera will exactly be used, his fantasy value takes a hit as he will likely cede some save chances to Doolittle. Kevin McCarthy is expected to see take over the closer duties in Kansas City with Herrera out of the picture.
Herrera has a 1.05 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 22 strikeouts, and 14 saves in 25 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Matt Carpenter goes off for 3 HR, 2 2B, and 7 RBI in Cardinals' win July 20th, 2018
- Mariners' David Freitas on bench Friday July 20th, 2018
- Chris Herrmann starting for Seattle on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Kyle Tucker starting for Astros in Friday's opener July 20th, 2018
- Nelson Cruz in Mariners' lineup versus White Sox July 20th, 2018
- Pirates-Reds start will be pushed back by rain on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Juan Soto hitting fifth for Washington on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Wilmer Difo out of Washington's lineup on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Daniel Murphy starting for Nationals on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Michael Taylor on Nationals' bench versus Braves July 20th, 2018
- Bryce Harper back in Nationals' lineup Friday to start second half July 20th, 2018
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg (shoulder) returning on Friday July 17th, 2018