Royals trade closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals for three minor leaguers
The Kansas City Royals have traded relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera to the Washington Nationals in exchange for minor leaguers Kelvin Gutierrez, Blake Perkins, and Yohanse Morel, per Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post.
Herrera moves to a crowded bullpen in Washington with Sean Doolittle currently acting as the team's closer. With no word of how Herrera will exactly be used, his fantasy value takes a hit as he will likely cede some save chances to Doolittle. Kevin McCarthy is expected to see take over the closer duties in Kansas City with Herrera out of the picture.
Herrera has a 1.05 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 22 strikeouts, and 14 saves in 25 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Yankees trade starting pitcher Sonny Gray to the Reds January 21st, 2019
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Matt Wieters out of the Nationals' lineup against Colorado September 30th, 2018
- Adam Eaton out of the Nationals' lineup September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Wilmer Difo out on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Spencer Kieboom catching against the Rockies September 30th, 2018
- Nationals' Adrian Sanchez starting in Colorado September 30th, 2018