Royals trade closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals for three minor leaguers
The Kansas City Royals have traded relief pitcher Kelvin Herrera to the Washington Nationals in exchange for minor leaguers Kelvin Gutierrez, Blake Perkins, and Yohanse Morel, per Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post.
Herrera moves to a crowded bullpen in Washington with Sean Doolittle currently acting as the team's closer. With no word of how Herrera will exactly be used, his fantasy value takes a hit as he will likely cede some save chances to Doolittle. Kevin McCarthy is expected to see take over the closer duties in Kansas City with Herrera out of the picture.
Herrera has a 1.05 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 22 strikeouts, and 14 saves in 25 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Cody Bellinger starting for Dodgers on Saturday September 22nd, 2018
- Max Muncy starting for Los Angeles on Saturday September 22nd, 2018
- Kike Hernandez not in Dodgers' Saturday lineup September 22nd, 2018
- David Freese sitting for Los Angeles on Saturday September 22nd, 2018
- Matt Kemp resting for Dodgers on Saturday September 22nd, 2018
- Chris Taylor starting on Saturday for Los Angeles September 22nd, 2018
- Matt Wieters gets the start on Saturday for Washington September 22nd, 2018
- Nationals' Spencer Kieboom not starting on Saturday September 22nd, 2018
- Wilmer Difo starting at second base Friday for Washingon September 21st, 2018
- Spencer Kieboom replacing Matt Wieters as Nats' catcher on Friday September 21st, 2018
- Adrian Sanchez starting for Washington on Thursday September 20th, 2018
- Victor Robles starting on Thursday for Nationals September 20th, 2018