Adrian Gonzalez out of Mets' Tuesday lineup
New York Mets first baseman Adrian Gonzalez is not in the starting lineup on Tuesday.
Gonzalez was unconditionally released after going 0-for-3 while striking out in each at-bat on Sunday. He's been a total bust for the last two years, being salary dumped by the Los Angeles Dodgers after last season, outright released by the Atlanta Braves this year, and now this. The 36-year-old Gonzalez's best playing days are well behind him.
Since the beginning of 2017, Gonzalez has seen 439 plate appearances, hitting just 9 home runs, with 29 runs and 56 RBI, and a triple-slash line of just .240/.292/.363 in that span of time.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Ryan Cordell starting for Mets Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos sitting for Mets Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Wilson Ramos catching for Mets Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Jeff McNeil out of Mets lineup Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Friday's Mets-Nationals game postponed due to inclement weather September 25th, 2020
- Wilson Ramos catching for Mets on Friday September 25th, 2020